Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Indian Resurrection (Oct. 2013 issue)

edjurano edjurano
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/13
Posted: 09/18/13
06:31 PM

Even though I'm well past the half-century mark, I just don't have the nostalgialitis necessary to understand the idea of resurrecting a make that has been dead for more years (58) than alive (52).  I would suspect neither does Mr. Catchart, known for his otherwise good taste and expertise in all things motorcycling, especially fast-going bikes.  I can only imagine he must've gotten wined and dined pretty darn good by the folks at Polaris (just sayin' ...).

Having said that, the "naked" picture on p. 73 (Hard Parts) looks like an awesome starting point to do something good.  The powertrain, chasis and suspension seem to have great potential to make a worthy motorcycle.  Substitute the ridiculously heavy (and looking)"valenced" steel front fender (really???) by a properly sized carbon fiber one.  Give it some decent wheels, brakes and tires.  Trim the weight to something reasonable.  Heck, I can't wait to see what kind of "damage" will Cory Ness, Roland Sands et al be able to do with this platform.  

joegresh joegresh
Guru | Posts: 1055 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 09/21/13
05:18 PM

The secret is to not fall in love with the people running the new model introduction. Remember, these are professional nice guys.  I think Cathcart can handle it.  

motohorseman motohorseman
Enthusiast | Posts: 508 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 09/23/13
04:18 AM

Ooops  
Saint Joseph, Missouri

joegresh joegresh
Posted: 09/23/13
04:55 AM

Maybe with Indian holding down the traditionalist side of things Victory will be free to go ultra-modern.  

motohorseman motohorseman
Enthusiast | Posts: 508 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 09/25/13
05:22 AM

Bring back the Four - and bring it back with balls enough to outperform the Rocket III (and dare I say, maybe even the VMax)
Give us a standard, bare bones version at a very competitive price, and charge whatever the market will bear for one with all the bells and whistles.
Cool  
Saint Joseph, Missouri

joegresh joegresh
Posted: 09/26/13
02:49 AM

An inline 4 would be cool. Liquid-cooled, 2-3000cc,  couple hundred horsepower, Indian would definitely sell a boatload of them.  Keep the traditonal look but yes, make it smoke the Max and Turnip.