Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Can't seem to find the right bike - need suggestions

Deanos75 Deanos75
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 05/27/13
09:59 AM

Well, it's been a while since I've actually owned a bike, but I've ridden plenty in the last couple years to get a small sampling of what is out there in the sportbike to sporty standard category (GSXRs 750-1000, Yamaha YZF600, R6 & FZ8, Ducati Monster S4R & 848, BMW F800R). I like the more sport oriented machines.

With my riding style, I tend to short shift without getting into the major power band of these bikes (around 5-8000 rpm).  I really don't know why, it's just how I ride. I'm a small guy too - 5'5", 130lbs., so I don't need a lot to get me flying. That's also why I haven't tried out any of the supermoto type bikes, because of the high seats. I would like to find a bike that has really good torque in this rev range, to make it more fun for me ride.

Requirements (in no particular order):
1. I would love to do some track days, but I don't necessarily need to keep up with the high power guys.
2. Decent daily commuter.
3. Good torque in lower rev range.
4. I DON'T want a Harley or cruiser!

I have never ridden any Triumph, Aprillia or KTM, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something from one of those manufacturers (Speed Triple, Tuono, other Ducati's).  Are supermoto's where it's at?

Is there such a bike out there, new or used, or do I just need to change my riding style to match the more sporty oriented units? Please help!!!

Thanks,
Dean  
Dean
"Grape Ape"

Anant Anant
New User | Posts: 26 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 09/02/13
06:23 AM

If you want to go for Supermoto bikes then KTM 950 SM Supermoto is the best bike for you. It is good supermoto that have perfect Handling, Engine, Ride Position, Exclusivity features. KTM 950 SM featured with 942cc powerful engine, 69.3lb ft torque, 885mm seat height, 96bhp power. It has a medium height seat so that you haven't feel any problem with this bike. You can get experience of fast and comfortable riding.  
New Bikes||Compare Bikes

hacksaw hacksaw
Enthusiast | Posts: 658 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 09/03/13
11:25 PM

i like triumphs. try a thruxton. maybe a street triple. ducatis and low revs maynot be  compatible. you can get bmw's with low seat and/or lowered suspension.  

joegresh joegresh
Guru | Posts: 1051 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 09/07/13
04:48 PM

That KTM is pretty tall.  Probably need to lower the thing.  How about a stripped down Suzuki Savage 650?  Seat is ground skimming on those.  They look pretty cool de-chopperized.  Lots of grunt.  Trackdays will be tough.  

joegresh joegresh
Guru | Posts: 1051 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 09/07/13
04:51 PM

Off topic- why do forum members ask a question then never come back?  Are these bot-questions?  Is there a company providing bot-content to forums just to keep the scab open?  

This happens a lot on other forums too.  

motohorseman motohorseman
Enthusiast | Posts: 498 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 09/08/13
10:05 AM

Icon Quotejoegresh:
Off topic- why do forum members ask a question then never come back?  Are these bot-questions?  Is there a company providing bot-content to forums just to keep the scab open?  

This happens a lot on other forums too.

Could be they post it on so many forums, they forget which ones to go back too.

Or. maybe they forget their passwords and can't figure out how to request a new one.

Hum, it could be the all mighty banhammer taking a proactive approach?

Aliens - alien abduction?

Ghosts - that's it, maybe they are posts from Ghosts, a Ghost Post!  
Saint Joseph, Missouri