Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Just stopping in to say "hi"....

jeffkushner1 jeffkushner1
User | Posts: 158 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 01/09/13
06:38 AM

Hi guys,

I hope that everyone had a fantastic Christmass and New Years! Now it's time to get another bike ready for the spring. I finally tore into my H2B over the Christmass holidays when I took a week off from work. I originally bought the bike back in May of 2010 and bought various parts for it and had some of the engine work done to it that summer, the stuff I can't do in my own little workshop like boring the cylinder to 1mm over and recutting the heads for squish.

I began by cleaning my shop top to bottom(I hate working in crap conditions) then completed the porting to the cylinders. I reassembled the engine after shimming the transmission and installed it in the frame. I replaced the worn tapered head bearings with a fresh set and replaced the master cylinder with one that wasn't so oxidized. It of course needed to be rebuilt so I did that as well, using the rebuild kit I had bought for it back is '10. I replaced the clutch plates with a new set of steels and a set of kevlar frictions and was going to use the heavy duty springs....till I felt the lever....WHEW, I put the stock springs back in for now after trying combinations of 2 HD & 3 stock etc....if it slips, I'll address it then. I spent last night polishing the engine covers and got the new chain the the mail. I'm still waiting for the oversized rear sprocket to arrive. I also ordered a selection of needles and jets for the 34 & 38mm carbs I have. I'm still undecided which to use but will prob go with the 34's. The electroysis is complete on the gas tank and that's all buttoned up with new gaskets. A couple more weeks and I'll be firing this monster up for the first time!

BTW----that 72 H1 I bought last fall....it's still in the back of my Expedition! I've got no where to put it until this bike is complete<LOL>!!

Take care all,

jeff  
Present only:

My VStrom 1000 K7

'74 RD350 in great shape & 1975 GT550 restored&built up and a another '75 GT550 taken in pymt for port work on an H1. All original, nearly flawless '75 H2, '74 H2-fire breather finally completed and everything I'd hoped it would be, 82 Yamaha 650 turbo running 18psi,72 & 2-75 H1's for restoration, '76 CB400F & 73 CB350 all done...gave the 350 to my sweetheart!

joegresh joegresh
Guru | Posts: 1049 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 01/10/13
05:26 PM

Hello Jeff,

Long time, no envy!   I see you are rapidly catching up.

Must you torment me with H2s?  

jeffkushner1 jeffkushner1
User | Posts: 158 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 01/21/13
10:18 AM

Naw, no envy at all....we both have had the chance to ride and own some very cool bikes...besides, we're both gettin too old for envy.

I finished the H2B (1974) this weekend and although I'm still waiting on the air filters, it runs visciously! It just wants to REV! Once I get the filters in place, I'll be able to do more then start and rev it up. I don't want to chance getting sand in the carbs by running on the street until the filters are in place.

Pics are here:

http://s808.beta.photobucket.com/user/jeffkushner1/media/rightside_zps2052abc1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

the rest are in the "H2b build" folder

Jeff  
Present only:

My VStrom 1000 K7

'74 RD350 in great shape & 1975 GT550 restored&built up and a another '75 GT550 taken in pymt for port work on an H1. All original, nearly flawless '75 H2, '74 H2-fire breather finally completed and everything I'd hoped it would be, 82 Yamaha 650 turbo running 18psi,72 & 2-75 H1's for restoration, '76 CB400F & 73 CB350 all done...gave the 350 to my sweetheart!