Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Need some help with a couple things in this photo

DTx13 DTx13
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 04/26/12
12:35 AM

I can't tell if this a Triumph Thruxton or Bonneville and I'm also wonder what handle bars he has on the bike. If anyone could help me out on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan Triumph 1  

Smoke-dog Smoke-dog
User | Posts: 69 | Joined: 05/10
09:39 AM

It's a Bonneville with clubman bars...  

hacksaw hacksaw
Enthusiast | Posts: 658 | Joined: 04/07
08:29 PM

the give a way is the mid foot controls.
most likely started life as a Bonneville Black. nice bike.  

OldMan70 OldMan70
Enthusiast | Posts: 386 | Joined: 02/11
Posted: 06/25/12
02:15 PM

The handlebars look like Hacksaw's BSA Bars only upside down.  It only has the single gauge [speedometer] and no rpm counter.  I like his bag and Helmet, might work out well for around town riding.  Smile  
_________
Lets Ride

hacksaw hacksaw
Enthusiast | Posts: 658 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 06/26/12
01:03 AM

doyle, mine are actually set upside down. lol. good eye on the gauge. it could be a thruxton front fender as it looks to be ribbed. it also has the cool "lucas type" aftermarket tail lite i use on most all my brit bikes.  

OldMan70 OldMan70
Enthusiast | Posts: 386 | Joined: 02/11
Posted: 07/05/12
06:29 AM

I don't give 2 shitts for the way he has the bars, but over all I like the bike and helmet.

I have to give Cafe Racer some credit, I have found dropping the normal bars down a bit, have them working better for me than the way I had them. Sheryl likes her bars better now too.

I have the bars down on the V-Max, The BMW, Sheryl's Honda RS and the KLR650. The Zuki Motard is perfect the way they sit. The BMW bars bothered me the most, it took a lot of positioning before I got it about an inch lower than it came stock.

Dropping the KLR Bars really helped right off the bat, alot more comfortable now. I think I would go the same way on a Triumph now. Get the stock bars and drop them a bit to get the most comfortable angle.  Smile  
_________
Lets Ride

joegresh joegresh
Guru | Posts: 1051 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 07/06/12
05:42 PM

I don't think I'm secure enough to wear that bag.