Guru | Posts: 899 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 04/02/12
10:07 AM

Happy now?  

hacksaw hacksaw
Enthusiast | Posts: 658 | Joined: 04/07
10:55 AM

yea right. i guess you dont know much about harleys.
but that bike has stolen just about every  1950's harley custom styling in the book.

except of course that his oil filter is upside down.  

i am trying to find somewhere where the bikes says yamaha on it.

anyways, not that its a bad bike, but your stupid "leaves even 110 harleys dead" is nothing but troll pablum. the clunky-azzed cheapo DNA springer is what can leave somebody for dead.  

Rode off into the sunset Rode off into the sunset
12:55 PM

Happy now?  

Posted: 04/03/12
09:53 AM

Happy now?.  

hacksaw hacksaw
11:07 AM

you find a another american manufacturer that ran springers in the 50's. you cant. because only harley did.

you find another american manufacturer who ran hardtails in the 50's. you cant, because only harley did.

you find another american manufacturer to make the original  fender that tawain copy is being flipped up for the rear on your yamastar, you cant because only harley did.

in the 50's, indian ran full valanced fenders, plunger rear suspension, and girder forks. there were NO other american bikes built in the 50's.

so as usual, your are ignorant when it comes to harley and chopper history.

there were no yamaha v twins in the 50's. no japp bike chops, none of this.

to copy a harley styling, with nary a yamaha decal in sight, and then somehow beleive the bike leaves harleys for dead, is just plain cheezey. if the owner enjoys his machine, great. but you using it for some troll bait just proves you lack an understanding of class.  

11:57 AM

One cool motorcycle, built and ridden by an American, how he wanted to build it, which happens to be an American style.  

Monkeyshines Monkeyshines
User | Posts: 76 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 04/04/12
09:30 AM

does this tom crowley fellow know you're using him and his bike, his facebook photos as troll thread materiel in a motorcycle magazine forum?  

hacksaw hacksaw
11:59 AM

Icon QuoteMonkeyshines:
does this tom crowley fellow know you're using him and his bike, his facebook photos as troll thread materiel in a motorcycle magazine forum?

wow. stealing from the intwernet again, steve?
that and you using your signature to attack me by name could result in some legal issues for motorcyclist if you dont make the adjustments neccessary.  

04:46 PM

Happy now?  

08:32 PM

Maybe he gave you permission to post his bike photos but you posted his personal pictures and name when you "took" his picture from facebook.  Just pointing out that there are boundaries, you might want to remove that one.  

hacksaw hacksaw
09:33 PM

didnt steve say he removed it because the guy didnt give him permission to post his picture? and now he says the guy did?

what a confused soul.

the bike is a fake harley. with an uglier motor is all.  

Posted: 04/05/12
04:12 AM

truly the worst part of it I think is that crummy fork. I'm not sure I'd be racing anyone with that setup.  

04:46 AM

Happy now?  

jcc jcc
User | Posts: 60 | Joined: 12/06
05:43 AM

Yep , it is a copy of a motorcycle; has two wheels and a motor. HD did not invent choppers (or "springers), backyard mechanics did. And, as many of the early ones were British as were American. I also wonder why any one would put a spinger front end on a perfectly good motorcycle.  

hacksaw hacksaw
10:50 AM

Icon Quotejcc:
Yep , it is a copy of a motorcycle; has two wheels and a motor. HD did not invent choppers (or "springers), backyard mechanics did. And, as many of the early ones were British as were American. I also wonder why any one would put a spinger front end on a perfectly good motorcycle.

=====================
well you are very wrong about that springer. harley most certainly created the springer that DNA rattler on the blue bike in question is patterned after.
do some research.

the british front ends were almost all girders, as was the 50's indian.
girders are not springers. they work diff.

hd may not have invented choppers, but their riders did. again, do some reading. the earliest grandaddy to the "chopper" was class A dirt track knuckleheads that were "cut downs" by the run what ya brung crowd. certainly there were indains and later in the 60's british chops. i have owned and built them myself. but the british were more into stockers or cafe types in the 50's.  but again, they mostly ran girders.

this was my first resurrection. a 47 indian bobbed in the 50's that i pulled out of a barn mid 70's. notice its girder front end.

Earlyriders

1947 Harley Knucklehead Custom Bobber 468X325

above is a "47 knuck that shows it stock springer front end.  

1 |  2 |  Next Page