Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

triumph financing

hacksaw hacksaw
Enthusiast | Posts: 658 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 05/03/12
12:38 PM

0 down and 5.99% for 6 years!

doesnt sound all that great to me when suzuki is offering 0% for 5 and honda 1.99%

are triumphs that much more in demand that they can get a relative premium on financing?  

or is the japanese financing rate just a come on that few , if any, qualify for? Confused

OldMan70 OldMan70
Enthusiast | Posts: 386 | Joined: 02/11
Posted: 06/12/12
10:19 AM

Kawasaki sent me an email and then a card in the mail for 3.95% financing but I can't seem to find which bikes it is on??  If you screw up or if they can somehow trick you into making a mistake, the rate will jump to 28.99 percent..

When I bought my KLR the rate was a promotional 5.95% the dealer told me not to put another charge on my credit card from them until I had the bike paid off or the rate would jump up to their standard rate of 21.99 percent.

I had no problem with the Kawasaki card, it was easy to pay online and you could check on it anytime. I would double and triple the payments and it was never a problem but now I hear someone else either took over or bought out that company. HSBC was the company that had the Kaw card.

Honda has been good to me at 1.99% when I bought the Goldwing and they gave Sheryl 1.99% on her bike in her name only.  My rate on the BMW was 3.95 as I remember.  
_________
Lets Ride

hacksaw hacksaw
Posted: 06/13/12
10:42 AM

and harley still clings to 9.99%!!!!
i just dont get it. well i do get it. they have enuff demand for the bikes to get away with it. but i havent been able to swallow that high an interest rate while the prime rate is 1%. its BS.
worse, its insulting its long term loyal customers. harley sold a lot of bikes that they later had to repo. they lost on those pretty big. so guys like me whom have paid on time every month for over 4 years and should be rewarded by harley financial for that, they want to count on us paying 9.9 to make up their losses.

i would love to sell off a couple of bikes and buy the softail slim!! they went back to thinner tyres  an d everything is bobbed the way i like it and with floorboards to boot!    

but this 999 plan is not for me!  

OldMan70 OldMan70
Posted: 06/21/12
03:24 AM

I wanted to ride the slim but I knew it wouldn't work as well for me as the Deluxe and I had already ridden a 103ci Deluxe and I would have to wait another hour for the slim ride.

I also rode the Heritage and didn't like the reach for the kickstand nor the passenger seat pad hitting me in the lower back. There wasn't really anything about that bike that made me want to trade in my BMW with bags and top case for it and leather bags.

While I really liked the looks of the 72 Sportster, it didn't do anything as well as any of my bikes, except look good. It would be a nice bike to sit on and talk to folks. But I couldn't trade in something like my V-Max that will still do everything better than the 72 and still have to come up with about 10 grand to boot at 9.something % interest through Harley.

I rode the Switchback and it was a nice bike, it rode well, it might have been the best riding all around Harley I have ridden. But I didn't like it well enough to trade off my bmw for it even if it would be an even trade, which of course it wouldn't..

The deluxe 103 was my favorite and if I got a good deal and the interest was right, I could see myself trading my GS for it... Most likely that will never happen, so it will never happen..  Cool  
_________
Lets Ride

hacksaw hacksaw
Posted: 06/28/12
07:20 PM

i think the slim is pretty much a bobbed deluxe. excepting a few minor things like the kickstand being more user friendly  and stuff like that. according to three reports on it.
i like the 72 as well. in a perfect world i would buy both.  and thanks to the chief justice of the united states , i
now have to worry about my health care coverage being diluted, so i will be lucky if i can ever afford a new bike again , or get well enuff to ride one for that matter.  

OldMan70 OldMan70
Posted: 07/03/12
08:32 AM

Icon Quotehacksaw:
0 down and 5.99% for 6 years!

doesnt sound all that great to me when suzuki is offering 0% for 5 and honda 1.99%

are triumphs that much more in demand that they can get a relative premium on financing?  

or is the japanese financing rate just a come on that few , if any, qualify for? Confused

Another problem with the Thruxton you posted was just pointed out in Rider's test of the Speedmaster and the Thruxton. But of course you already knew that the Thruxton wasn't as comfortable as the Speedmaster plus it Buzzed a bit over 4000 RPMs. And the longer reach to the Cafe Racer Bars put more weight on the rider's wrists.

The Thruxton did put out a bit more Hp but a bit less torque. It made me wonder, does the Normal Bonneville, also having the 360 firing order have the same hp as the Thruxton? If so, I think I would choose one of the Bonnevilles and just lower the handlebars just a tad.

What do you Experts Think that have had some time on da Bonnies ?  Smile  
_________
Lets Ride

OldMan70 OldMan70
Posted: 07/20/12
10:46 PM

Hack, Triumph has a 0% interest on some leftover Thunderbirds until the end of the month if you liked that bike.  Until 7-31-2012.  
_________
Lets Ride

hacksaw hacksaw
Posted: 08/01/12
12:02 PM

thanks for that info , dj. yeah, i got their newsletter. thunderbird is too masssive for me. plus i still cant ride. going for a skin graft 2marrow.

you are right about thruxton ergos. thats why i never bought one. that and the plastic front fender that is! lol! but they are always eye catching in red and with that racing stripe and the upswept exhaust.  

OldMan70 OldMan70
Posted: 08/02/12
07:50 AM

Icon Quotehacksaw:
thanks for that info , dj. yeah, i got their newsletter. thunderbird is too masssive for me. plus i still cant ride. going for a skin graft 2marrow.

you are right about thruxton ergos. thats why i never bought one. that and the plastic front fender that is! lol! but they are always eye catching in red and with that racing stripe and the upswept exhaust.

The racing stripe I like and I would have to change the exhaust on any of them. But I just don't think I could live with the Thruxton Handlebars.

The ThunderTriumph just doesn't have a Triumph look to it and it just doesn't look good. No good lines to it, at least I can't see them.. Tongue  
_________
Lets Ride

hacksaw hacksaw
Posted: 08/04/12
11:20 AM

again i agree! and so must others or  triumph wouldnt be pushing incentives on it.

Laugh  

OldMan70 OldMan70
Posted: 02/27/13
12:40 PM

I just came to the forum to see if anyone was talking about the BMW Scooter taking on the NC700X Honda and the Kaw Versys and found nothing.  So I looked around and found Hacksaw was posting to somebody, so I thought i would see what was happening..

Turns out he was talking to me,,, last summer..   Tongue

If anyone see's Mr Cook or the other 2 riders tell them they all lost to my NC700X because the cost of the BMW in my area is over $11,000 and my NC700X was only $6394.00 new. I tried the Versys first and it didn't fit my very old body. So 8 Grand for that one was out too.

I would like to know if the NC700 in the test was the Automatic or was it like mine but with $1600 dollars worth of extras, whatever they might have been.  
_________
Lets Ride