Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Steve McQueen

corndog6700 corndog6700
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 02/12
Posted: 02/28/12
06:38 AM

Now I'm as big a fan of Steve as the next guy, but don't you think, at least by reading the latest issue, that quite a lot of people are cashing in on his name?   Troy Lee and $42 and $65 T-Shirts?  A pair of cheesy boots for $228 that you used to be able to buy at an Army surplus store for $20 or so?  The best deal I saw for any Steve stuff, was On Any Sunday and the 2 books.

I wouldn't mind having the new Triumph, though.  At least it isn't double the price because of the name on the sidecover.  

OldMan70 OldMan70
Enthusiast | Posts: 386 | Joined: 02/11
08:38 AM

I must have missed the Cheezy Boots and you must have missed the $450 Troy Lee Helmets.   Laugh

2011 Troy Lee Designs Steve Mcqueen LE Open Face Helmet Blue Orange634284359790002880

But in truth though, you get this Very Gaay Looking Plastic Bag to go with it. Shocked

2011 Troy Lee Designs Steve Mcqueen LE Open Face Helmet Blue Orange634284359832897169

2011 Troy Lee Designs Steve Mcqueen LE Open Face Helmet Blue Orange634284359731357016  
_________
Lets Ride

Rode off into the sunset Rode off into the sunset
Guru | Posts: 899 | Joined: 10/06
09:03 AM

Funny stuff there dj, and of so true, but these are the times in which we live.

Corndog6700, I also liked the bike, under $10K is not a bad price point either.  

hacksaw hacksaw
Enthusiast | Posts: 658 | Joined: 04/07
09:30 AM

Icon Quotecorndog6700:
Now I'm as big a fan of Steve as the next guy, but don't you think, at least by reading the latest issue, that quite a lot of people are cashing in on his name?   Troy Lee and $42 and $65 T-Shirts?  A pair of cheesy boots for $228 that you used to be able to buy at an Army surplus store for $20 or so?  The best deal I saw for any Steve stuff, was On Any Sunday and the 2 books.

I wouldn't mind having the new Triumph, though.  At least it isn't double the price because of the name on the sidecover.

=================================================================
i totally agree.  that helmet is crap. $300 extra for a paint job and a faked signature?

they have really exploited mcqueen to the point of a velvet elvis. i AVOID mcqueen stuff now. i even gave away an over priced Bud ekins tshirt i bought from the so called johnson motors when Bud died. i want no part of this hokey BS.

they tried the same with von dutch. they had a chopper company building evo "choppers" for a couple of years. von dutch motors or some nonesense.  i have seen von dutch hats on 17yo philippine starlets, who of course had no clue who von dutch was. thats how bad the marketing goes.

as to the bike, the hell with it! and i am a triumph fan.  that bike has nothing to do with mqueen.
the reason it really bugs me is Bloor at first wouldnt come out with a new vert twin during the early years of his company. he claimed he wanted triumph to be thought of as a ne company with new cutting edge bikes and what not. he thought the vert twins of old would pigeon hole his company as being in the past. he even altered the logo.  so it took him what? several years before he dared bring a bonnie out for production.

and now they want to  claim some historical claim to steve mqueen? its BS!
even the movie bike was faking at being a NSU or  somesuch. commemorate fraud? i dont think so!