Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Suzuki TU250

Rode off into the sunset Rode off into the sunset
Guru | Posts: 899 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 07/15/11
04:39 AM

I really dig the TU250, but it seems not very many others on this planet do.

I've been asking countless numbers of people their thoughts on the motorcycles, two expressed some interest in how it looked but none in buying it (they wanted bigger bikes/seasoned riders) and all the others wanted modern styles bikes, which, ironically, include the Rebel which is based on styling older than the TU250 (IMO).

TU = Totally Useless?

I think not, at least it generates conversations - but conversations don't pay the bills.

Maybe it is just priced too high. Same price as the 250 Sport bikes, side by side, it seems like it could/should sell for less.

I'm going to look it over a little more closely today, sure seems like a sweet little machine to me.  

joegresh joegresh
Guru | Posts: 1054 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 07/15/11
06:12 AM

I can't see buying a 250 that's not an enduro type.  The cruiser 250s limit you on the highway and the dirt. With a enduro the bike can excel in one area.

A Ninja 250 or that new Honda thumpette racer-Rick thing would be better.

People are too worried about seat height.  

hacksaw hacksaw
Enthusiast | Posts: 658 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 10/07/11
12:57 AM

i like it. maybe comparitively they are over priced, but if they dont sell, i am sure deals will abound on them.

simple enuff to make one into a retro enduro.  

High_Ball_Ken High_Ball_Ken
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/11
Posted: 10/14/11
09:55 AM

I like it.  Looks RETRO and could be even moreso with some mods.
Go for it. Don't give a rats what others think. Heck I just bought the new High Ball from Victory.
There are not riding my ride. I ride what I like and encourage you to do the same.
Most fun bike I've ever had?........the Yamaha TW200 hands down.  

customaudiodesign customaudiodesign
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 10/15/11
10:46 AM

Like the other guy said, it's not important what others think of your choice. The Suzuki and the other 250's are great bikes. Unless you're a poseur. My first street bike was a 1981 Kawasaki KZ250. I put almost 40,000 miles on that little bike, riding all over the western states and British Columbia. Never had a break-down nor was I ever stranded. Can't tour on it? A small National Cycle deflector shield, some throw-over Pony Express saddlebags and a tank bag. I did it and had tons of fun. Even had fun with those that asked me when I was going to grow up and get a harley. I started out the right way, learning on a smaller bike, and working my way up. These smaller bikes serve a useful purpose, so I would encourage folks to not be a slave to fashion, or overlook a 250 because someone said it wasn't manly or a "real" motorcycle. I never cared what all those harley poseurs told me while I was riding my KZ250.

John A.  

hacksaw hacksaw
Posted: 10/19/11
10:34 AM

when are you going to grow up and stop worrying about posing?
if you didnt care what people think, you wouldnt have mentioned it.  

HoughMade HoughMade
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 10/11
Posted: 10/31/11
06:50 PM

I really like the TU250, but at 6'3" and 240lbs., I imagine it's a bit short on oomph....and I'm no speed demon.  At 350-400ccs, we'd have something that would cruise all but the fastest expressways all day with no problem if it had to from time to time, and be a great all-arounder for the back roads every day.  However, 400ccs does not seem very popular for street bikes these days...at least in the U.S.  

07:19 PM

Icon QuoteHoughMade:
I really like the TU250, but at 6'3" and 240lbs., I imagine it's a bit short on oomph....and I'm no speed demon.  At 350-400ccs, we'd have something that would cruise all but the fastest expressways all day with no problem if it had to from time to time, and be a great all-arounder for the back roads every day.  However, 400ccs does not seem very popular for street bikes these days...at least in the U.S.

How about a TU650 maybe?  

HoughMade HoughMade
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 10/11
07:30 PM

...or a W650...but I hear they didn't sell that well, despite being my idea of a perfect bike.  

Posted: 11/01/11
04:44 AM

Icon QuoteHoughMade:
...or a W650...but I hear they didn't sell that well, despite being my idea of a perfect bike.

Heck yeah, and we're talking a twin there.

It never did sell well here, might of been the price point.

Sure would like the chance to ride one of the W800's

12EJ800ACFA BLK B

12EJ800ACF GLD B

12EJ800ACF GRN B

http://www.kawasaki-motors.com/model/w800/index.jsp

But we've already cross the line of apples and oranges, thumpers offer than simplicity not replicated any anything else.

I always loved the looks of the Honda GB500, The Yamaha SR500/SRX600, even the Buell Blast had some of that raw simplicity.

But, it seems "thumpers" never sell in big numbers, I guess that is important to the bean counters.....  

joegresh joegresh
Guru | Posts: 1054 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 11/01/11
05:29 AM

You can still buy this one.  Very drool-ish. I like the stock pipes even better.  

hacksaw hacksaw
Posted: 11/13/11
10:24 PM

whats with the W's copycat eyebrow tank badge? if there is  way for japanese designers to cheapen the look of their retro clones, they sure find it. i wouldnt buy an inline four triumph, and i wont ever by a copycat triumph *** bike.

back to joe, the arrow scrambler exhaust is cool. havent heard or seen one in person, but i like it on a less blingy bike.

2009 Triumph Scrambler Accessories