Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Polaris buys Indian !!!!!!

hacksaw hacksaw
Enthusiast | Posts: 658 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 04/19/11
10:58 PM

i dont have the link to the industry news, but its a done deal.
polaris keeping them its own company.

will the Power Plus now be manufactured in Mexico along with the ATV engines?  

joegresh joegresh
Guru | Posts: 1053 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 04/20/11
04:42 AM

Some dreams die hard.  

Rode off into the sunset Rode off into the sunset
Guru | Posts: 899 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 04/20/11
04:46 AM

Press release:

Polaris Industries Inc. today announced the acquisition of Indian Motorcycle. The business was acquired from Indian Motorcycle Limited (“IML”), a company advised by Stellican Limited and Novator Partners LLP, U.K. Private Equity firms. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

“We are excited to be part of the revitalization of a quintessentially American brand,” said Scott Wine, CEO of Polaris Industries Inc. “Indian built America’s first motorcycle. With our technology and vision, we are confident we will deliver the classic Indian motorcycle, enhanced by the quality and performance for which Polaris and Victory are known.”

With this acquisition, Polaris adds one of motorcycling’s legendary brands to its strong stable of Victory cruiser and touring bikes. Indian will operate as an autonomous business unit, building upon the potent combination of Polaris’ engineering acumen and innovative technology with Indian’s premium brand, iconic design and rich American heritage.

“We are delighted to have reached an agreement with Polaris. Polaris will utilize its well-known strengths in engineering, manufacturing, and distribution to complete the mission we undertook upon re-launching the brand in 2006: harness the enormous potential of the Indian brand,” said Stephen Julius, chairman of Indian and managing director of Stellican. “Polaris is the most logical owner of Indian Motorcycle. Indian’s heritage brand will allow Polaris to aggressively compete across an expanded spectrum of the motorcycle market.”

Novator Partners LLP is a London based alternative investment firm founded and led by the investor Mr. Thor Bjorgolfsson. An avid motorcycle enthusiast, Mr. Bjorgolfsson said “After a troubled past, our goal was to bring the legendary Indian bikes back on the roads. The initial phase of that project is done and now our great partners at Polaris will carry on the work to realize the full potential of this classic American brand.”  

hacksaw hacksaw
Posted: 04/21/11
11:02 PM

thanx steve!

here is what have been told on the HorseBC board ---

I talked to an employee this afternoon at my shop...
by Lowriderglen (Login lowriderglen)
Horsemen
I live twenty minutes from their assy plant. An employee came by my place this afternoon and discussed the situation. He said that the place is in absolute organizational disarray. Said that they are sending out more parts for warranty than is being used to build bikes. They are having problems with everything (frame, chrome , paint etc) BUT the motor and Baker trans (zero problems). Said that the last paychecks have been issued from Chris Craft (Fla location)not Indian. A lot of dealer orders are being cancelled when a potential buyer rides an Indian and is severely disappointed in the bike ($36K) . Said that the engineering staff has glossed over all of the problems and outright lied to the owner about the situation. Max production shipment has been 500 and now is averaging 2-3 bikes per week. He could not believe that they are being sold and said that Indian would be gone by the end of the year without financial help. I have never seen an Indian on the road locally. The scathing review in Cycle World last year also had a very negative impact on the sales. I wish them the best....  

joegresh joegresh
Guru | Posts: 1053 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 04/22/11
05:53 AM

That brand is cursed.   If Polaris makes a success of Indian it will be a feather in their cap.

To me, Polaris is a strong brand, why dilute it with a legendary flop?  

Monkeyshines Monkeyshines
User | Posts: 76 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 04/24/11
04:20 PM

it's too bad the Indian name didn't wind up in Kiwi Mike's hands  

hacksaw hacksaw
Posted: 05/10/11
03:02 AM

good point.  

collin22 collin22
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 11/11
Posted: 11/10/11
09:13 PM

Memphis Shades gives you the ultimate combination of unbeatable style and impeccable performance. See your local dealer and put a Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing on your Victory today! MSRP: $437.85, including mounting hardware and w  

collin22 collin22
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 11/11
Posted: 11/10/11
09:17 PM

I live twenty minutes from their assy plant. An employee came by my place this afternoon and discussed the situation. He said that the place is in absolute organizational disarray. Said that they are sending out more parts for warranty than is being use  

Rode off into the sunset Rode off into the sunset
Guru | Posts: 899 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 11/11/11
06:29 AM

Icon Quotecollin22:
I live twenty minutes from their assy plant. An employee came by my place this afternoon and discussed the situation. He said that the place is in absolute organizational disarray. Said that they are sending out more parts for warranty than is being use

That is a very good thing, getting the issues addressed. Better than before, when warranty claims were slow or ignored.  

keyon keyon
New User | Posts: 13 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/05/12
11:32 PM

ou did it. This is the best write up on the new Multistrada 1200 yet. I check a lot of the other publications and the mix and match their info. Can't they read? Stuff that is already on Ducati's one site is misquoted on