Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

sporters vs. street bikes

mciau mciau
New User | Posts: 18 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 12/09/08
06:58 PM

I do believe that the bike should always match the bikers personality and taste. But there is a difference between riding a sportster and a street bike, as for me... i learned how to ride a Harley 250 and i did enjoy it, don't get me wrong! I personally did not choose this bike, it was given to me by the instructors because i was the smallest out of the group and that bike was the only one that was close enough to the ground. In the back of my head i couldn't help but notice that the guy who had his street bike was having a way better time riding his bike than I was. Could there be that much difference ??  

julin22 julin22
New User | Posts: 11 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 01/10/12
11:57 PM

Yes, I found the freeway to be very scary when I first started riding. I feel that before starting to ride on a freeway one should be comfortable operating their bike, riding on regular streets and able to  

Anant Anant
New User | Posts: 26 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 02/25/13
04:16 AM

Same felt with me when I was going for my first ride. First I learned rules the apply practically with my riding.  
New Bikes||Compare Bikes

Hotkurt Hotkurt
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/13
Posted: 07/27/13
05:11 AM

Riding a highway is by far easier than to ride on normal roads.
As a old Harley Rider (I ride since 1976) and Tour Guide, I suggest that you ride slowly a few times around the places that you know. You know the intersections, the stop streets, where what speed, the dangerous, the carefull and the easy sections. It does not matter what bike it is but do it with different bikes. Then you get a feel and see the differences. Most important it that you feel right and confortable with it then you also know what suits you best. You'll learn to change gears, pull the clutch and the brakes many times more times than on a highway.
Harley Davidson has a low rider 883, unfortunatly it does not or not yet come with a 1200 engine.
Why I say that, I started on a Sportster 1000 in these days Harley Davidson AMF and I was sorry, I sold it after one one to get a bigger engine.
We organise motorcycle tours also for women only and 90% of the women say! "Buy the bigger engine". Once you know how to ride with an 883 you want to get bigger and in my opinion save the money and buy right from the beginning, otherwise you loose and buy twice.
Keep on trying various bikes and listen to YOUR feelings, YOU HAVE TO RIDE IT and pay for it.
If you stomach feeling says it right than its right.
Otherwise you are wellcome to come and join us and other women on a ride in the Swiss Alps.
Hotkurt