Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Can Am Spyder

fastrider fastrider
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/07
Posted: 05/03/07
04:01 PM

Ok so im not much for forums but i had to share this.
My dealership here in sunny south florida had a 2 day demo and riding impression here at a local park with 2 of these new machines.
When they arrived at the shop at the end of the day, me being the smart ass that i am i walked up to the brp rep and asked if this one had rust on the rear brake linkage like the prototype he brought us a few months ago. The guy asks me what im referring to so i show him, and sure enough the brake linkage is half rusted off and hes says they'll fix that. Sure, I ask him if its ok for me to sit down on it and he agrees so i have a seat, look around a bit move the bars, then i go to slide back on the seat and my shoes slide forward on these crap rubber footpegs and i busted the shift lever right off of it. Smile nice    piece of crap. i laughed at the guy and handed him the nifty little eccentric shift peg they spent thousands on trying to figure out.
i offered him a honda 50 bbr lever i had in stock because it looked like it would work and i told him it would be a permanent fix Smile he was not laughing. anyway that was only half of it   this thing screams cheap build quality from one end to the other. From the top triple clamps caked in industrial style grey paint to the yards of the same color flat black plastic, and some very cheap castings  Someone for the love of god stop these people from designing crap and trying to pawn it on people to the tune of 15 large. what focus group did i miss out on. you have to really look at the quality of your work at the end of the day and either say im happy with it or im not and if you are not happy with your work becuase you had to hit some invisible number in the end then you failed from the beginning, noble effort on bringing this much needed style vehicle to mass market but this isnt what honda goldwing owners will be satisfied with, you are sorely mistaken